Quartz and sketch rendering

My MacbookPro (which is current) has quartz imaging turned off because VW doesn't work with it on.

Yesterday I learned how to use viewports to render drawings with the sketch rendering option. When I enter the dialogue to edit the sketch render parameters there is a partial elevation of a house and some sliders to control different settings.

The image of the house does not respond in any way to changes in the sliders. It doesn't look sketchy either.

Is this feature dependent on quartz imaging?

Thanks

Donald

I am also curious why you say VW doesn't work with it QI on. I have been using the original MBP with VW from version 12.0.1 on, with no issues associated with stability and QI. Issues with QI's printed output (Patterns), yes; but stability, no.

To answer the question asked, no it does not depend on QI. I just adjusted it and got feed back both with QI on and QI off.

Edited by ionw

<< I have been using the original MBP with VW from version 12.0.1 on>>

I'm not an expert on this, but I think the current MBP's have a different intel processor than the original one. (core duo vs. core 2 duo).

I just checked again and for me, the image in the sketch parameter dialogue does not update when I change the settings. I'm using architect but not renderworks. I wonder if that is the problem?

On this machine my files display corrupted, with missing text, no text in record formats in symbols, random loss of lines, and strange white slashes hiding drawing information when QI is on. VW10 works fine, but VW10 files opened in VW12 are messed up. All these problems go away when QI is turned off.

I am using the sketch settings in the viewport. The viewport shows the effect of the sketch render choices. It's just not possible to adjust the parameters and see the effect on the sample image in the dialogue.

Regards,

Donald