Editing 'Maps'

lucylou

Hi

Just wondering if there is a way to edit the original/or a copy of the image in say photoshop. What i'm trying to do is make the 'stone variegated' texture to look more of a red brick colour. I know i can do this in photoshop, but dont know how to open or where to find the original map/image? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

I've never done this but I'm picking you go to: VectorWorks > Libraries > Textures, and open the relevant file. Then find the relevant Texture via the Resource Browser (making sure the file's window is at the front/active), then right or ctrl-click on the relevant Texture and 'Extract Image'.

Edit the image, and then go back and do the as same above except choose Edit instead of Extract (or, recommended, duplicate the Texture, giving it a new name, then edit that one).

When you Edit the Texture (as opposed to the Texture image) choose Edit next to the Color drop down menu, then 'Change Image'.

When you use "Extract Image", a image file composing the base image of the texture is generated on your computer (wherever you save it)

The image file can then be opened in PhotoShop (or other editing software) and saved.

You then have to create a new texture definition for the changed image.

To do this, go to the Resource Browser.

Right click in the open white space and choose "New Resource in ..."

Then select "RenderWorks Texture"

Set the first drop down box to "Image Fill" and then located the newly edited image.

Make any other appropriate changes and click OK.