Anyone uses the default standard ,AEC(UK), for drawings set up?

I'm working in a small London base architectural firm, 9 staffs, we have our own simple classes & layers setting for the small jobs, but now we are growing bigger & bigger, the current setting seems not be able to handle the large job, so I want know, anyone using the default standard AEC(UK), if you do, what's the pros & cons for using the default standard?

I downloaded the list of AEC(UK) from http://www.aec-uk.org/

but the name of the classes they seem a bit different than the VW set up, not sure does nemetschek have the lists & descriptions of AEC standard?

many thanks

They do appear to be different don't they.

In any case I couldn't imagine working in a file with a Class structure like AEC (UK). It'd drive me nuts. We use full length Class names, such as:

Shell-Walls-External

I don't see the reason for most abbreviations in this world. Why do people abbreviate so many things? Down with jargon and abbr. I say!!

We could map our template to this standard I guess but there doesn't seem to be any reason/demand to, not with the consultants we work with anyway.

Thanks Christiaan,

I tried to use the AEC standard yesterday, it seems too complicated, and you need to remember all the code in order to draw fast, it's such a headache,

I will try to expand the current setting a bit, I think the

"Major-Minor-Status" stucture works well, at least we have been worked on this stucture for years, and those are important for 3D modelling as well,