Label legend wont display properly

So, i know this has been posted before, but i dont think anyone has come up with a good answer.

Lets say, for example, i have a two lights as high sides on either side of a pipe. On SL, the text for the entire instrument is displayed properly, whereas on SR its technically displayed upside-down.

It's nothing more than a continuity issue, but it still is bothersome.

Any ideas?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you rotate the text and have adjust fliped text turned on, it will overide the rotation and flip the text back.

If you rotated the instrument in the label legend, that will not do anything. The front of the instrument is always pointing to the top of the page in the label legend, no mater how it looks.

You can also try the new non-rotation label legend in 12.5.

Kevin-

This wasn't quite what i was looking for. It didnt matter what position the instrument was in, the legend was always pointing up.

My problem is, if i rotate an instrument -90?, the text rotates the in the wrong direction. I did figure out, that if i rotate the instrument to something between 0? and -90? first, then to -90?, it all works fine. I don't know if this is a bug, but if this is fixable . . .

thanks to everyone who took a look at this!

Edited by eboxhead