Cheap 3D plant images

jls

Here is a good resource for 3D plant images. Just purchase Punch! Master Landscape Professional. It has hundreds of color plant images. You just use plant editor tool and export the image as a BMP file.

Then open a new blank drawing (foo.mcd) and user Model>Create Image Prop. Make sure to use a image mast to change the black background of the BMP to be transparent. Then all you have to do is import it into your 3Dplant fesource file. Works like a dream!

The Punch! software only costs about $70 Us and the images are as nice as the Xfrog images atp pennies on the dollar.....

• 2 months later...

Does the 3D plant images from Punch actually work well with VW? I can't even get the Xfrog plants to work write. Can you tell me the exact steps you would use to import Xfrog 3D w/textures as all I get is Image Props? Thanks, Kevin

the Punch! Software sounds good, but when you look at the price, don?t forget to add on to the cost, the time it takes you to find the images, export them, and then import into VectorWorks and make the image props.

If it takes say 6mins/tree, then you can do 10/hour. Add your chargeable rate to the cost of the software and you might find that it is a more expensive option.