Vectworks Architect or Designer?

Roman

I'm a master student and I'm looking to get VW on my laptop. I learned V11 in an office and I love using it for 2D drafting. My typical workflow is making 2D drawings, exporting to DWG, and then modeling in FormZ or Max.

So, I looked into academic packages and there is the Vectorworks 12 Architect for around $330 and then there is the Vectorworks 12 Designer for around $150.

From Nemetschek's description:

"VectorWorks Designer combines all the exclusive technology found in VectorWorks Architect, VectorWorks Landmark, VectorWorks Spotlight and VectorWorks Machine Design into one easy-to-use program."

So, my question is this: if Designer has everything architect has, why does it cost half? And, does designer work the same way as architect? That is, will I be able to use the same drafting techniques that I've learned in V11 architect?

Thanks

So, my question is this: if Designer has everything architect has, why does it cost half? And, does designer work the same way as architect? That is, will I be able to use the same drafting techniques that I've learned in V11 architect?

1/ There must be a mistake there with the price.

2/Yes the basic techniques are the same. The door window and stair tools have been made more flexible etc, but the jist of it's the same.

Note; If you are using it for Architecture you might want to skip the export to FormZ and try out the built in 3D.

cheers