Sharing tool Default settings to multiple users

Is there a way to share tool defaults (PIO parameter settings) amongst several users? just copying the VSO file doesn't seem to work in all cases.

also is there a way to centralise Standards files and custom titleblocks etc. so they can be stored once on a server then updated?

this is on Mac OSx by the way

Q1: Yes. The defaults can be changed with the VectorScript Editor. After a tool has been used in a file, there are file-dependent settings for it. If you copy an incidence of the object from one file to another you are (I think) able to use the Eyedropper tool to change the default file settings, but the Tool settings have to be changed with the VS Editor's "Parameters" -part.

While you are at it, you can also change the value lists available in pop-ups etc.

Q2: Pass. It should be, but there have been conflicting reports.

Alistair, after much trial and tribulation trying to centralise resources on a server (which I found not to be a robust solution for many varied reasons) I settled on a system of using one machine as a master and propagating resources to all other machines from that master, using Apple Remote Desktop.

I'm hoping that NNA will one day implement my wish to build a more robust and network friendly resource management system into VW:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=64697

so what files did you need to propegate in order to copy default tool settings?

I only synchronise the Templates folder and the Library folder. You should be able to sync the Workspaces and Plug-Ins folder too though.

The only problem, I think, would be the notes database (which is in Plug-Ins>Common>Data>Notes), because this is the one thing that is probably conducive to being centralised (via an Alias/Shortcut) as it can then be updated and edited by everyone. Using ARD to sync it as above would mean that any edits done by other people to the database would be lost each time you propagated the master to their machines.