New User (Potential)

jefftb

New "potential" user here-I have Landmark on order for Mac. I have experience with AutoCad 12-13, LT, and Imagineer Technical (aka Smartsketch) but have done most "drawing" lately in other things like ConceptDraw for fairly basic drawing requirements on most projects.

Now I need to move forward with the technical capabilities in my business(es). I own a utility/environmental construction company and water/sewer treatment technology supply company that does a lot in drip irrigation. We provide project layouts, product drawings, as well as design assistance on these systems.

What's the learning curve on Landmark, versus, say Fundamentals? Is it overwhelming? Thanks for the insight or comments from the user group.

The additional learning curve is only about the special, additional tools that Landmark has and which - when applicable - work reasonably consistently in the manner of any other VW tool.

It sounds like you do need the irrigation design stuff and terrain modeling.

I'd like to update the UG on my experience with Landmark. Thus far I've spent the time with the NNA supplied DVD learning tool. I've also skimmed the Design Series manual along with some of the materials from the Vectorworks website.

The learning curve is short in my opinion to become productive. I'm not saying that my productivity is anywhere near 90% but I'm not stuck either. Overall I am quite pleased with the software w/ the exception that it crashes occ. on OSX 10.4.8 for strange reasons. I've upped the available memory to the max PB G4 an accept at 1.25GB and that has improved it a good deal. Still had a crash this morning for some strange reason this morning on an "UNDO" in creating a 3D site model with contours.....