Create Report/Worksheets-start over with updates?

If I change the order of my columns or add/delete columns in the Record Format, do I have to "Create Report"/Worksheet and format after every revision or is there a way to get my worksheet to update to the new items and layout? Hitting Recalculate does not make the necessary changes.

BTW, I have looked in the VW12 help and searched here.

Leonard,

The short answer is yes.

A worksheet is created using the then-current Record format and data. If you change the data, the worksheet simply looks for the revised/new data in the format it's expecting, but if you change the format the worksheet has no way to recognize the new data. You've either got to "program" additional columns/rows to look for the newly formatted data, or you've got to create a new worksheet based on the new format that will generate the report you need.

Good luck,

Keeping in mind that Record Formats are databases with fields whereas the Worksheet retrieves the information in those fields via RecordID&FieldID: 'string'.

Adding,deleting , reformatting or re-naming of the fields breaks the Worksheet path criteria. Manually editing the Database search criteria should fix the problem.