insertin window

lha

I am new to VW and I know there is a very obvious answer for this but, alas, I cannot figure it out. When I insert a window in a wall there are no breaks in the wall so it appear that the window has not been inserted. The manual says I can change the break in the Obf info palette but that option (along with flip and position) do not appear. Help!

It sounds like the wall is not inserted in the wall. A way to check this is to select the window and look at the top of the Obj Info Palette. If it says window in wall, then the window is in the wall. If it says window, it's not in the wall.

If it says window in wall, set the sills class to be invisible.

If it says window, grab the window and look for the OBJECT cursor cue when dropping the window in the wall. This will ensure the window gets sucked into the wall.

The same applies for doors.

Thanks for your response Katie. The window is definately not in the wall and even with the object cursor cue the window will not insert into the wall. Although new to VW I have inserted plenty of windows in walls and am stumped as to why it isn't working now. Any more ideas?