Class structure: selectable sub-group menu

Christiaan

Question

I'd rather that the top level of a group of classes was selectable instead of appearing separately in the class list in the Data Display bar.

So for instance if you have:

Shell-Roofs

Shell-Roofs-Framing

Shell-Roofs-Steel Cladding

The Shell-Roofs class would not appear separately but instead the sub-menu option itself would be selectable.

This makes it easier to scan with the eye and also avoids the need to use a class such as Shell-Roofs-General in place of Shell-Roofs, in order to eliminate the top level appearing separately.

6 answers to this question

I'd rather that the top level of a group of classes was selectable instead of appearing separately in the class list in the Data Display bar.

So for instance if you have:

Shell-Roofs

Shell-Roofs-Framing

Shell-Roofs-Steel Cladding

The Shell-Roofs class would not appear separately but instead the sub-menu option itself would be selectable.

This makes it easier to scan with the eye and also avoids the need to use a class such as Shell-Roofs-General in place of Shell-Roofs, in order to eliminate the top level appearing separately.

When you put a space before and after the '-' sign, this will be like you want. I use it always that way, so I have sub-classes

Forgive me for stating the obvious but you don't have to use the None Class if you don't want to. You can create your own 'Whatever' Class and use that instead (ignoring the None Class).

You could also rename the None Class to 'Whatever', though I vaguely recall that this is not recommended.