Strange issues with stack layers and Align Layer

Here is a new one that I stumbled upon today.

I designing a new residential plan I have 4 basic levels...

Foundation, First Floor, Second Floor and Roof. As I was adding misc data to the roof layer I found that I could not snap to any other level layers with the Stack Layers command set On while in 2D plan. I then turned Stack Layers Off and still could not snap....However when I picked Align Layer Views I was able to snap to other Layers. All Navigation was set to Show/Snap/Modify Other in Classes and Show/Snap Others in Layers.

Here is something even stranger....When Stack Layers is on I cannot perform a simple copy/paste command with 2D objects. Only when Stack Layers is Off am I able to copy a line then Paste in a different location. I use this command frequently to copy 2D items to roof planes for modifications.

Question is....is it a bug or have things changed in 12.5 to make this action occur.

Reproduced same issue in new file several times.

Has anyone else uncovered this anomaly?

Pete A

Hi Pete,

I have both of these happen all the time. I *think* the first issue is caused by the other layers remaining in a 3d view, even when stack layers is on. That's why running the align layers views works to fix it. The second issue is (IMO) a bug. I have already reported it. We'll see if (when) it gets fixed. I think you already know the workaround: de-activate stack layers before pasting. Yes it's a PITA, but its much less time consuming than using Layer Links, which was the only choice for viewing a multi-layered model prior to stack layers. The moral: with progress comes problems. Fortunately these are pretty minor in the big-picture view.