PDF exporting form VWA 12.5

manfredi

Here's a problem I've encountered recently: exporting (or printing to a pdf file) an A3 drawing gave me all sorts of problems, because it reduced everything to 71% (basically to A4). After wasting a lot of time I found out that it was reverting to my computer's basic paper settings (in the preferences), which were set to A4. By changing my default paper size for the iMac to A3, the problem was corrected. Nothing of the sort happened when I exported an A1 pdf.

Anyone ever had the same problem? anyone know why the VWA exporter likes A1s and becomes fussy with smaller sizes?

If you are "printing" sheets, make sure you've set the sheet layers correctly.

Also make sure you have ONE PRINTER PAGE selected in Page Setup, not a specific page size.

Another thing to check is to see if you have current view or something like that set in the print/export dialog box.

Edited by Katie

Thanks Katie,

But I had done all those things, and I tried printing with either of the dialog options on/off, and the one page option did not work... I even checked the poage setup in the sheet layer to be A3, but as I said the only one that worked was re-adjusting the preferences, and fortunately the A1 comes out ok. I hope I won't have any further problems, although I suspect having my default printing size at A3 will cause problems for all other applications

thank you and please let me know if there are other ways around this

Manfredi

You can delete the Printer resource file using Print Set-Up Utility App. and re-initialize it.

Also, have you created and then saved Pre-sets in the Print Dialog. You can create Pre-sets for every kind of print job with various page parameters and inks settings, etc. Then just select one that matches your needs and get a perfect job every time.