Class Mapping saving blank file?

Christiaan

Today I overwrote another hour or so's work with a blank file when I attempted to save and replace a Class Mapping File. I went through the laborious task again of remapping the 100 or so classes and then when I go to save a new Class Mapping File it creates a blank text document.

Any ideas? I'm a bit screwed at the moment; I don't want to close the File Mapping dialogue window because I don't want to have to define the mapping all over again, which means I can't carry on with other work. frown.gif

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Check for the file in your user folder.

Windows:

C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>\Application Data\Nemetschek\VectorWorks\12

Mac:

Users:<UserName>Library:Application Support:VectorWorks:12:

Edited by klinzey
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Christiaan,

The file should be created at the location you choose. You need to save a seperate Layer and class file. The file is created once you click OK on the save dialog, but the file will be empty till you complete the command. Send the file and a description of the problem to tech@nemetschek.net so they can have a look at if you still have a problem.

Ah huh! Thanks Kevin. The problem was that I wasn't "completing the command." I was expecting it to save the file as per the current mappings I had defined. I didn't realise you had to actually go through with the mapping on that particular file.

I think the interface is counterintuitive as it stands. I would rather it actually saved your mappings as defined when you click on the save button.

However, if there are technical or logical reasons as to why the file doesn't get populated until you actually go through with the procedure then I think we need a new interface: say a checkbox to say you would like to save a mapping file, and then either an extra button to choose its location (with Desktop or user settings folder as default) or a dialogue box that pops up and asks you to choose a location when you click on OK.

Thanks again.