Multi-circuit instruments

I feel an idiot because I have managed it before, however I am having real problems creating new Multicircuit instrument symbols with the same behaviors as the bundled Spotlight versions. i.e. when you insert as an instrument the component parts each take on individual label lagends etc.

Can someone out there provide a basic "walk-through" of this as the manual for Spotlight is shakey on the subject!!

I would really appreciate this!

Thanks in advance!!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Make the symbol as you normaly would with the attatched data record for each cell(part). Then insert the symbol cells (parts) into the document and make a symbol of those symbols. The trick is that the multi circuit symbol can ONLY contain other symbols, no text or graphics.

Still no luck I am afraid!

Let me take you through the workflow.... I have created 3 different symbols that make up a 3 cell strip. I insert each one into the current drawing and convert them to lighting intruments. I delete the label legend that attaches to them by default (I would love to find a way of turning this off so that symbols can be entered without any label legend at all, but that is for another day!) I then arrange the instruments as I needto see them arranged and select the three instruments and convert them to a multi-circuit instrument. I then make a symbol out of the multi-circuit instrument. When I re-insert this so caled multicircuit symbol using the Instrument Insertion tool the symbol is still seen as one fixture as opposed to a group of three that move as one. Is there anything about this workflow that is incorrect. As I said before I have managedto do this on a number of occasions so cannot work out what I am doing differently!!

Your help is most welcome!

Happy independence day!!

Mark

Make the symbol as you normaly would with the attatched data record for each cell(part). Then insert the symbol cells (parts) into the document and make a symbol of those symbols. The trick is that the multi circuit symbol can ONLY contain other symbols, no text or graphics.