Roofs

michael john williams

Question

4 answers to this question

Jon

Thanks, you are right, but you can not join 2 roofs and I know you can set the roof up with different planes rather than use the simple roof tool, but that is a bit complicated and we are working through this one now in your manual. Its just I wish the roof tool did more and did not just give up and say 'roof too complicated'.

Another thing I feel could be improved with roofs is the fit walls to roof tool - gosh it takes a long time to regenerate and sometimes you are not sure what it is doing or whether it has crashed. Then the result can be poor, the walls do not embed themselves in the roof completely with gaps or too high - wide walls and steep roofs are a nightmare. Also gable walls sometimes stop short of the roof and we have identified this as a problem of the corner junction of the walls and it is best not to join the walls but to have them abutt each other but this leaves alin in elevation.