Instrument's properties

Hi,

I found out that in V12 (compared to V9) it would be very useful to edit an instrument's properties by simply double-clicking it. If I do so, the Lighting Device dialog box appears.

However, any changes I enter are not reflected in the Shape pane in the Object Info Palette. Nor do the labels show anything.

btw (but shouldn't make any difference): I insert my fixtures by using the Symbol Insertion Tool and convert them to Lighting Instruments afterwards. ? This is, because the Instrument Insertion Tool overrides the Insertion Options/Class definition :-(

Thx for any ideas,

Mario

Have you updated to 12.0.1? I believe there was a bug with not refreshing that has been fixed. I just tried using the pop up box and it updated the OIP instantly on clicking OK.

When you are using the instrument insertion tool, are you sure you have set your destination class as active? Again, I just tried this and it worked fine.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you are editing a single instrument you should not see the Next and Back buttons. If you see the buttons when editing a single instrument, then make all the layers editable and deselect all. This bug is fixed and should be in the 12.0.1 release.

Sorry for not coming back to this thread for so long.

Updating the OIP from the Lighting Device Dialog seems now fixed. However, you can't double-click a multiple selection anymore to open this dialog. (Have to use the "Edit"-Button in the OIP instead, but this is just an annoyance...)

VW 12.0.1 and OS 10.3.9 here.

@David:

When inserting instrument I don't want to take care about what class I've set active. VW should use THE class that I'd assigned in the Edit Symbol/Insertion Options.