Exporting to Piranesi

ghennigh

• 2 years later...

Hi Dave

Its a Vectorworks export question - Export Epix/Piranesi

I can't see how to change the export DPI from 72 px/in. This is resulting in jaggies that, as you can see (around the roof beams), are not in the original. I would like to export at a far higher dpi (150, preferably 300 dpi).

I have changed the document output resolution settings under document settings / document preferences / resolution but they do not appear to make a difference.

-Ian

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When you export to Piranesi the export dialog should allow you to set the number of pixels to anything you want. The document preferences don't affect Piranesi export.

If you bump up the pixel dimensions in the export dialog does that help, or does Piranesi enforce the 72 DPI value for printing, etc.

The DPI value in the export dialog is mainly to allow the calculation of the number of pixels in the image. Most image formats (JPEG, PNG, etc) don't actually store a DPI value in the file.

HTH,

Edited by Dave Donley

Hi Dave

Brain, engage gear.

Yes, I hane just done a test by manually upped the resolution by x 4 to give effective resolution of 288dpi. Piranesi seemed to have accepted this at the correct size (only basic tests) so I did not have to adjust the size of the model in Piranesi. The only issue was that when I exported from Piranesi to Jpeg, the size was incorrect, so I used Photoshop to correct the resolution from 72dpi to 288dpi, but keeping the pizel count the same.

Jaggies, all but gone.

Thanks for the pointer.