Roof Consistency

mike m oz

Question

Create Roof and Roof Face both create roof elements, and both have their uses.

There is a problem however in that their behaviour and method of editing are quite different. This becomes very apparent when a Roof Object is ungrouped into its Roof Face compnents.

I would like to see some consistency so that a Roof Face can be edited in the same way a Roof Object can. That is:

- Have its shape changeable using the 2D Reshape Tool.

- Being able to have skylights or dormers inserted into it.

- Have holes cut into it by pasting a polygon in place within the group.

PS: For consistency I would also like the floor objects to be editable in the same way. That is:

- Have its shape changeable using the 2D Reshape Tool.

- Being able to have stair or ramp objects inserted into it.

- Have holes cut into it by pasting a polygon in place within the group.

[ 08-27-2005, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: mike m oz ]

2 answers to this question

That's interesting. I personally really like working with roof faces because (IMO) it is so easy to modify them by double clicking in and working on the 2d poly's from which they were created. I use "add surface" and "clip surface" a lot, with shapes drawn in 2d and then pasted in place while "in" the roof face... Different strokes I guess...

[ 08-28-2005, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: CipesDesign ]

Peter

I don't mind the Roof Face working that way either because I am used to it. However for new and inexperienced users it is confusing having two simlar entities which behave differently.

What I am seeking is consistency and similar intelligence in both objects because I believe the program would be better for it. For the same reason I think that it would be desireable for floors objects to operate in a similar way.