Hello. I am a registered architect in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.

An architectural firm I am consulting with runs on Vectorworks. My Mac is version 10.9.5 and I am weary of upgrading the OS, as it has decades of content. It seems I need more current versions of the Mac OS to run Vectorworks, Please advise.

Please help me install Vectorworks safely.

Adam Wisler Architect

973-703-1510

Check out this page:  

It looks like you would have to go back to VW 2016 to get something that runs on Mac OS 10.9.5.  

I don't recommend it.  Even if you could get an old version of Vectorworks, it would be hard to collaborate with a firm running a modern version.  Although VW2024 can open a VW2016 file, VW2024 won't even export back to 2016.  

Thank you Jeff and Michael. A new computer is definitely the route I am going. I am never updating anything on this old MAC laptop. Everything works. I have the complete adobe and MS suites, and PowerCADD.

This mac asks me to update the system et al every day. I never click ok...it works perfectly.

Thank you for your time. I'll have the new computer discussion today with the firm I am consulting to. I very much look forward to getting into Vectorworks

Adam Wisler Architect

• Like 1