Window-Wall System

Question

Hi there

As a follow up on the discussion in yesterday's open house with @Neil Barman & @Matt Panzer  , I am attaching a sample file to discuss further what I think Vectorworks is lacking : window-wall tool ( note : window-wall & Curtain-wall are 2 different systems in real life).

This window-wall system are widely used in high-rise residential as a cladding system , in combination with other claddings ( precast, brick, metal..)

1- span from floor to floor with ability to extend below slab at soffit condition. 

2-slabs (which support the system) cut-in into the system and typically metal panel form the outside finish ( could be spandrel glass as well)

3-louvres / metal / spandrel glass panels at top (horizontally , under the slab)

4-sliding doors at balconies

5-Awning windows

6-Metal / spandrel glass panels , vertical floor to ceiling , to conceal interior walls/structure.

7-Studs / insulation / drywall behind the metal / spandrel glass panels.

8-Report the window-wall system in a window schedule 

In the attached example , there is a bitmap of the result sought after.

The indoor tool was getting some results , not ideal.

There was alot of modelling involved for metal panel cover at slab , drywall partition at back-pan locations... with obviously is not working especially , those modelled parts (not part of the window-wall ) won't report in the window schedule

It seems to me with there are a lot of limitations with what Vectorworks has to offer.

I would like to hear if anyone has an idea how to proceed with this type of exterior wall modelling

Cheers

Sample Window Wall.pdf Sample Window Wall.vwx

• Like 1

2 answers to this question