parallel truss cross

Hi,

I'm trying to put a truss underneath another truss with the connect tool. But I want the truss to be parallel with the truss above. The tool itself does what it's suppose to do, but when I then run braceworks, it tells me the system is not properly supported. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just not possible to stack trusses parallel to eachother?

best regards,

Peterparallel stack.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Peter,

I was intrigued by this and played around for a while. Apparently, truss crosses can only have one location where the truss meets in Vectorworks 2024. When I changed the tool to insert a drop instead of a truss cross, it worked once I had a proper offset. I had to change the minimum length for the down leg in the bridle preferences to one mm before using the tool. Here's a video I made to explain the process to our programmers. You can skip to after 2:30 to see success. 

I'm submitting a request to allow multiple trust crosses so that the lower truss does not need to shift down at all. However, we would expect it to shift to account for the spacing of the coupling device. 

• Like 2