My Fixtures dn't have anavailable fixture mode

Phoxyr

Question

I'm having a problem with the fixture mode for my BT-Theatre 250 EZs and BTX Saturns
The GDTF file works and is present in the vectorworks library, but there are no available fixtures modes to choose from.

Which means I can't use them in Vision.
Is there Way to solve this or am I looking in the wrong places?

If someone could help me out that would be amazing.

Troubleshooting snip.PNG

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You don't need to use the regular fixture mode if you have a correctly prepared GDTF for the fixture. When you assign the GDTF it should display the fixture modes available in the dialogue and auot fill in the 'GDTF fixture mode' parameter at the same time as the 'GDTF fixture' parameter.

You can assign a fixture mode as well if you want but its not required.
Vision can use both options, and you can mix both LIT file and GDTF fixtures in the same Vision file.

Well the GDTF Fixture autofilled whan I added the fixture from the vectorworks Library. But no options seem to be Showing Up under GDTF Fixture Mode. I never imported any GDTF Files of my own so does that mean there's an issue with the GDTF file in the Vectorworks library?
If so Is there any way to solve that?
Or would there be another reason why I can't use or select the GDTF Fixture mode (I literally Can't use it, there's not even a dropdown)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently the best way to deal with GDTF's is to create your own custom user or workgroup folder library and store all the GDTF's in it. This way you can easily import the needed GDTF into your current active file directly from the resurce manager and you only have to download it from the share once.
We are working to provide a better solution but I'm not sure when it will be ready