insert drop error

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to connect two trusses with insert drop. But I keep getting the error "apex too high". I don't know how to solve this, can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong? I've attached a sample with one connection that works, and one pair of trusses where it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot,

Peter

@Remco Teunissen @jcogdell, maybe something you can help me with???apex too high issue.vwx

apex too high issue.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

From the error message you likely need to adjust your default insertion setting in the Bridle settings dialogue. The apex is propably set or set too high for the trusses you are trying to connect

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

@jcogdell Is that the bridle preferences under the spotlight tab?

There's an apex height mentioned there, is it just a matter if putting a higher value in there (now set at 5000)? And is that number a range or an exact height? Can't really find a good answer to that so far.

Edited by Peter Telleman
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yep thats the settings,
The top group (the Default Bridle Parameters) in the bridle preferences define the primary insertion parameter.
Only one of the defaults can be active at a time and any bridle or deadhang drop that you insert has to meet the parameter criteria, such as the brilde apex is at 5m or the downleg must be 1m, otherwise you won't be able to draw the bridle or drop.
When using the insert connection tool or insert drops command try to use either the down leg or leg length parameters as the primary insertion parameter and set it to a very short length (say that of a shackle). This should then make it easier to use and ensure that the deadhang gives a realistic result.

• Like 2