Cable Paths associations

I'm having a go with Cable Paths. For various reasons, I'm not going to be putting individual cables down them, just drawing the routes of feeders and which trusses they run to.

I can see that the Spotlight version of the tool has the ability to highlight a target truss in red, where the ConnectCAD one doesn't. Once this association is made, where can it be seen/accessed? I'd just like to get the Position Name of the truss (which isn't in a hanging position) that I've landed the cable path on at each end - maybe so I can report it in worksheets, data tags and the like. I know I can manually enter the ID and Location, but that's open to error.

If this needs to be scripted then fair enough, but it would be nice to not need another script.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Cable paths are not obtaining the names of the objects they are snapping to yet. Here's what I do:

Set the auto numbering to match what you're snapping to before placing the paths. For example, if I'm snapping to my truss runs 1-6, I'll set auto number with a prefix of Truss- with the first number matching the first/next truss to be snapped and set the suffix to -Path. Then place paths in the order matching the truss clicks. This results in:

Truss-1-Path

Truss-2-Path

Truss-3-Path

You can also use the spotlight numbering tool to number after the fact.