Truss Corner Blocks

bhorowitz

quote:

Originally posted by bhorowitz:
Any suggestions concerning truss corner blocks? I can create one by drawing a piece of truss the same length as width, but structural members will not be correct. Is there an easy fix, or do i have to build the corner block?

There isn't a really easy way to do the corner block. You can create the short section of truss as you describe and then ungroup the truss. This will kill the intelligent features of the truss and turn it into a plain group of geometry. You can then easily edit this group to add and remove the features you need for accuracy. Then select this and turn it into a corner block symbol.

• 17 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Which Truss corner block do you need?

Most of our truss libraries include corner blocks, when the truss type has one available. If we are missing the particular corner block you need from a library you can either make a content request or ask here on the forums

You should be aware though that since this post was first made back in 2002 we have changed the approach to inserting trusses in Spotlight

The old 'Straight truss' and 'Curved truss' tools are still included but we now have the symbol based 'Insert Truss' tool and a large library of truss types, with new libraries being added monthly.

Also many of the new features like autoconnect will only work with the new truss libraries.

If you have not already done so I recommend that you have a look at the new Vectorworks University video about inserting trusses

here's a link to the insert truss video

https://university.vectorworks.net/mod/scorm/player.php?a=5&currentorg=articulate_rise&scoid=10