VW 2024 still shown as using memory in task manager after exit?

dvfrd

Question

Just updated to 2024 last week.

Noticed today that after working in a particularly painfully slow session, after saving file and closing out of vectorworks my computer was still running very slowly.
Opened up taskmanger and despite vw2024 being closed, it was still shown on taskmanager taking up most of my computers memory>

Has anyone noticed this? It was weird it showed like 7 instances of vectorworks 2024 still running, I end task'd them all and computer started runningg normally again.

2 answers to this question

For what it's worth, I've been experiencing a similar-ish issue since I moved to SP4 of 2024. I'm running Windows 10, and now when I launch the software there seems to be a 50% chance that it launches in a sluggish and unresponsive manner.

The UI will be near-completely unresponsive, and task manager will show VW as using about 80% of my computer's 16GB of memory. It also shows 9 or 10 processes running nested inside "Vectorworks 2024 Application". One or two relaunches has fixed this every time.

My macbook, also on 2024 SP4, does not have this issue. I assume this is something related to the "new" UI for Windows in 2024.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello! 

Please make sure to update your Vectorworks 2024 to Update 4.1.

There was a recognised problem that might have been related with OS updates. With Vectorworks 2024 Update 4.1 this should be fixed. Please contact your local technical support team through cuctomers.vectorworks.net if the problem is still there.