Mac Studio, M3Max Macbook Pro, Ryzen 7 Lenovo

Hi All.  Any feedback on the Mac Studio M2 vs M3 Max Macbook?  Recently priced both options at around the 4k price point.  GPU/ CPU specs:  m3 max 14/40 with a mac studio 24/ 60. Portability is not really a factor, laptop  or studio could work.  Concern is that the studio is an M2, and rumours indicate an M3 update is looming.   

And on an entirely different matter :  Anybody running VW 24 on a Ryzen 7 machine with 4060 Intel vid card?  My work colleague is on a super limited budget, she mainly works in 2d and medium sized residential on 3d.  She can grab a legion 5 machine for around 1300, but is a bit wary of the Ryzen.  On paper, it seems like those specs would be ok for her.

• 1 month later...

I’ve been waiting on M3 max studio - current talk is apple will skip studio update for m4 - next year!!

main reason for wanting m3 over m2 is the hardware raytracing - and possibility of even greater rendering speed…now im just in limbo waiting for the cpu Ive been waiting to be made available to the mini/studio.😞😞

• Like 2

Same here.

Skipping M3 Studio would be a bummer.

Not that I don't think Apple would do so anyway.

The last rumor is the iPad event could bring iPad Pro with M4.

So if Apple could bring a Studio M4 Ultra at WWDC + a few months until available,

I would be fine with that.

But beside fulminant M1 (pure) release or maybe if you are a Macbook Pro or Air guy,

further M development for me is a disaster like the whole Pro and desktop situation

after 2012.

• Like 1