Add plan guides to doors that do not affect wall opening

I am looking to add some building code minimum distance requirements on either side of a specific door type. It is a door that is commonly used at the entry of units within a multi-family development [see the screen shot below]. I would like to add them on a class that can be turned on at any time to quickly verify that all doors meet code requirements. It seems to me the only way to do this, would be to make our own custom hybrid symbol and then place it within the "use symbol geometry" in the door tool. However, I am struggling to do that without affecting the 'opening' on the wall. Is there a way to add 2D lines or rectangles with text on the plan view of the hybrid symbol in a way that doesn't affect how the wall is cut when inserting the door in?

DOOR CODE DIAGRAM SCREEN SHOT .png

Having exactly two 2D Locus points within the 2D Top component will dictate where the wall in Top/Plan gets cut regardless of other 2D geometry.

(I see locus points in your screengrab, so not sure if they're not working or if that isn't your file, but that's the correct idea).

You can put the Locus Points on the NonPlot class (and turn off the class) to not see the X glyphs as you're working.

Edited by Andy Broomell

Andy,

That worked! Thanks so much for that information. My screen grab was of me doing a very quick diagram in plan around a door in a wall. I had prepared a unique plan symbol with all the info needed. Once I added the loci, it worked perfectly!

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Love 1