AI for automated processes

matteoluigi

Question

Hi,

what do you think or know about any AI projects which can be used in Vectorworks or in a workflow using Vectorworks, online in dwg or ifc format files for example.

I don’t want to talk about AI rendering solutions or ChatGPT for generating faulty Vectorscript code.

I think about solutions which help in iterating processes, for example dimensioning plans more efficiently, filling polygon objects with generating floor plans, error checking of floor plans or models,…

do you already use any of these solutions? Did you apply for a test or did you at least hear about an AI which will offer a solution for Vectorworks soon, too?

I am curious. :-)

1 answer to this question

I follow the AI space closely Matt and I've heard many experts explain why they are not 'smart' enough yet to made proper, considered, design decisions. Someone posted an image of an AI generated image of a floor plan this week and it exemplified why the the image generating models are of no use for this sort of process yet and probably won't be for years. 

But, there are other types of solutions that can help with floor plans and other aspects. Maybe you can use them in combination with Vectorworks. Check out these 6 and 7-month old videos (really old in the world of AI development) featuring some promising looking products that might be useful in your workflow: 

Edited by Jeremy Best
  • Love 1