Educational License to Professional License

mikmcg

Question

I was testing out vectorworks through an educational license the last couple months - I now have a professional license through my work! Woo!

However, when I try to access the work I did on the educational license and bring it into the professional license, I get an error. I’ve looked online and it seems like this is an issue in order to avoid people using the educational license incorrectly.

Is there a way to get my model into my now paid for subscription? I spent a lot of time drawing the model and would really like to keep that work. Since I now pay for a license, it doesn’t make sense to me that I wouldn’t be able to access that work through my paid account.

5 answers to this question

Contact Vectorworks at the link on the following page and they can convert you files for you.

Make sure you package up ALL of the Educational files that you want converted so they can do them all.  Then after you get the converted versions back Zip of delete the Ed versions.

Since Ed versions don't open in Pro any more it is less of a problem, but if you copy and paste or even import even on object from an Ed file (not certain how you would do that now), you will end up Ed watermarking the entire file.

https://www.vectorworks.net/en-US/education/student2pro

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Contact Vectorworks at the link on the following page and they can convert you files for you.

Make sure you package up ALL of the Educational files that you want converted so they can do them all.  Then after you get the converted versions back Zip of delete the Ed versions.

Since Ed versions don't open in Pro any more it is less of a problem, but if you copy and paste or even import even on object from an Ed file (not certain how you would do that now), you will end up Ed watermarking the entire file.

https://www.vectorworks.net/en-US/education/student2pro

Awesome, thanks! I contacted the link. Do you know the typical turn around time for that? I am on a deadline that came out of nowhere so trying to move as quickly as possible.

41 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

No idea of the time frame.

You may want to contact Tech Support or Customer Service directly if you need just a few file rush converted.

Thanks, I am having a hard time getting a response from any Vectorworks email aside from this Forum. Going to keep trying. Appreciate your help.