Naming Landscape Area styles

Chuck97

Question

This topic is pretty confusing, so I've attached a couple of screenshots, so hopefully you guys will understand what I mean.

Whenever I make a new Landscape Area style, I try naming it, putting it in the "Style Name" field at the very top of the "Landscape Area Style" dialogue and the "Name" field under General (Exhibit 1). When it's made, in the Object Info Palette, I'll see the "Name" with what I want, but the dropdown box for Style displays "Landscape Area-X" (Exhibit 2), which is utterly useless, because "Landscape Area-X" is how it's displayed in the Resource Manager (Exhibit 3), and I can't stand it.

Please help. I don't know how I did it before, the Vectorworks help site is no help, and I haven't found anything on here either.

Exhibit 1:

Screenshot2024-03-08at2_57_20PM.thumb.png.1e9fd1e14326fd7a7160fc208cd6ad18.png

Exhibit 2:

Screenshot2024-03-08at2_57_45PM.png.4e13437ce9148224ab93ea490d7dcbb2.png

Exhibit 3:

Screenshot2024-03-08at2_58_09PM.thumb.png.f1f8f02f8825bc5c219ecd385a3f0b34.png

1 answer to this question

Objects in VW can not have the same name.  So you can't have an LA Style and an LA that both have the same name.

You are going to have to adjust your hates and figure out a system that you can live with that uses similar but not identical names.

Maybe use LAS for the style and just LA for the LA?