Setting up VW file for AutoCAD Import

Hello all.

I have a project to build a venue drawing with beam capacities. What they need is a simple 2D drawing to do overlays on. The issue is that I will be building it in VW and they will then be working with the exported dwg. Does anyone have recommendations for which 2D graphic and content features (symbols, groups, fills, gradients, etc.) translate well from VW to dwg and those that don't? 

In reality I could build them a drawing with 2D and 3D components, but that pushes even more on my lack of understanding what is lost in the translation.

I recommend you create a quick test file with all the object types and methods of drawing/modeling you intend on using in the project...

and then export it to DWG.

Open the resulting file using AutoDesk's free online viewer to get a sense of how the objects will look for your collaborator.

If any objects get funky, you can usually resolve them or post up here on the forum and someone will look into it.

• Like 4