Vectorworks 2024 hangs when updating landscape area objects

Gran Mathias

Question

Hello!

My issue is as follows:

Whenever i try to adjust something on the landscape area objects in my project, the entire program stops responding, as if it has to "update" everything on all the objects.
This is true even when im standing in a view with all layers turned off. The changes made dont matter, it can be a change of the class for the landscape area object, or it can be a change of thickness for some of the layers within.. whatever it is, as long as a change is made, the issue arises.

The updating can take forever and often causes the program to run out of memory and then crash after 30 min or so.

This system is top of the line with modern components, so this makes no sense to me.. "Se photo"
It has been slow before, but newer to this point where im unable to make changes to the objects.

I have tried reinstalling, but the issue persists.
Also, latest video drivers, windows update and Vectorworks version.

The program can also decide to stop responding and leak memory after too many operations without saving. One example of this was that i had visualization active and then activate a drawing under it. Nothing on the drawing would be affected by it, but it still froze the system.

I have tried to search around to look for solutions, but im out of luck here. Is there any way to check whats causing this?

image.png

image.png

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

@Gran Mathias , From our QA team: "Upon quick inspection, we found that there are 100 landscape areas in the drawing.  Some take longer than others to accept changes.  I see about a 1GB increment in memory each time a Landscape Area is modified.  The geometry is very far from the origin.  If I move all the Landscape Areas to 0,0 and modify a Landscape Area, the memory usage is marginal, and speed."

I hope that helps. 

• Like 2