Custom Power Distributior

Hi,

I've created the geometry, as well as inserted a variety of input, overcurrent protectors and outputs with the intention of creating a custom power distributor. However, when I go to convert the layout into a symbol, it is simpy labeled as a "2D/3D Hybrid Object" and doesn't feature any Braceworks load information or Power Information.

I can't seem to find any videos on VWX University, or on YouTube concerning this process.

The end goal is to use this in a template file for a theatre, with over 120 dimmer circuits, and a few dozen non-dim/special use circuits. The dimmed circuits are all hardwired into raceways on our LX pipes, hence the 3D geometry.

Any help is appreciated,

Carl

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Carl

It sounds like you added the electrical components before you created a symbol. You have to create the symbol and then add the electrical components to it by editing either the 2D or 3D component, otherwise it will not register that it is a distributor object.
The video series that @Scott C. Parker linked goes through the process in detail and should get you up to speed. If you have any questions or trouble reach out and I'll do my best to help