How do I capture the viewport name in a Drawing Label?

See attached.  In customizing a Drawing Label, I'm hoping I can capture the name of the viewport that the Drawing Label is in.  It's able to capture the scale of the current viewport so I would think it would be easy to capture the viewport name.  But for everything I've tried to enter: #Drawing Label2#.#Name#, #Object Name#, #ObjectN#, #Viewport Name#, etc., nothing seams to work.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 2.01.38 PM.png

The Drawing Label does not allow you to access the Viewport Name. But you can get it in a Data Tag using the #N# definition.

If you name your viewports as you create them, the Viewport Name is stored in the Drawing Number field. This can be accessed using the #Drawing Label2#.#Drawing# definition.

If you rename the viewports later the name is not automatically transferred so you would have to edit it in both places or copy/paste between the two.

Pat,

Thank you so much.  It's interesting that the Data Tag doesn't automatically update the name of the viewport when it changes unlike other information that a Data Tag updates right away. If you would allow me to highjack this thread and take it in another direction, a questions I've always wondered is what is the program language is that Data Tags use?  I've written a fair amount of scripts and I feel like Data Tags could be very powerful, but have had trouble finding where I can find more information about the language it uses and how to access different functions or procedures.  Any insights on that would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

I don't know what the name of the "language" is.  It is not really a language, but more of a tag system. You can do a little bit of math and have access to an IF/Then (actually that is called a trinity operator).

You then have "full" access to Python and Vectorscript through the Worksheet #WS_RunScript command. But then, as I have been told, 

"What you are trying to do sounds fancy, and as such it sounds like it won't work.”

Vlado Stanev, VW SDK List Dec. 4, 2015

• Like 1