Creating site model tutorial

Hi Team,

I'm currently making my way through Vectorworks University but need to jump ahead for an active project.

I'm importing a feature and level survey for a landscape project and have 2 questions:

- Is there a way to "clean up" a file imported from a surveyor automatically? Everything is pretty well categorised in classes by the surveyor so I guess I can just turn these on and off as needed? I have done a few of these and find it can chew up a lot of time if you start adding things to layers so just wanted to check I'm doing it correctly.

- Is this tutorial (below) still current for creating a stie model? One of the first steps it mentions is ensuring the dwg you import is imported as 2D only? Just checking this is still correct information? 

Many Thanks,

Marcus

32 minutes ago, Marcus bLD said:

One of the first steps it mentions is ensuring the dwg you import is imported as 2D only? Just checking this is still correct information? 

Depends if the surveyor is just sending you 2D data or a combination of 2D + 3D. Ideally you'd get the survey points as 3D loci + then the Site Model can be created directly from these.

Yes turn off the classes relating to non-terrain features.

Thanks Tom, yes I think that is the clarification I sought believe it or not. I have the 3D points, so obvious I should import like this. Just got confused when it said to only import as 2D but obviously that's a 2D survey!

It looks like I have 2 parts to this; clean up the survey and turn off parts I don't need (2D), and create a 3D site model.

Cheers