Building a device horizontally

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@SCOTT.T.JOHNSON

Hi Scott, there is no way to do that in the Device Builder. Horizontal arrays of sockets in the general case aren't really great because their names make the spacing too great. But the beauty of ConnectCAD is that there's nothing stopping you from just creating an empty device and the adding sockets wherever you want.

Conrad

• Like 1

Hello Conrad

I have developed the concept of having network switcher and router horizontal with LAN ports. Problem is then when I run the contact tool it always wants to offsite the cable on the horizontal. See attached picture. Yes I can move the cable with the reshape tool but this add time to the procuess. Is there I can do to get the start of the connect cable to not offsite Horizontally?

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 5.28.53 pm.png

16 hours ago, JohnWW said:

Hello Conrad

I have developed the concept of having network switcher and router horizontal with LAN ports. Problem is then when I run the contact tool it always wants to offsite the cable on the horizontal. See attached picture. Yes I can move the cable with the reshape tool but this add time to the procuess. Is there I can do to get the start of the connect cable to not offsite Horizontally?

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2024-03-05 at 5.28.53 pm.png

- What is the Orientation of these sockets? You can enter the device with double click and check that when you select a Socket.

Thanks for the reply Nikolay.

Yes, it was an orientation problem. This leads to my next question about my project: How do I see more options in the advanced customization Label Style drop-down menu? Where is it pulling these options from? Resource Manager?

6 hours ago, JohnWW said:

Thanks for the reply Nikolay.

Yes, it was an orientation problem. This leads to my next question about my project: How do I see more options in the advanced customization Label Style drop-down menu? Where is it pulling these options from? Resource Manager?

Currently you can only customize the symbols matching the existing options as they are fixed. We will try to make this list customizable in the future.

• Like 1