Fence Tool question - continuous coverage, stepped configuration, and grade.

I was working on a 'Fire Safe' fence (in California fire country wood fences up against a structure are a no-no) and I've hit an issue I can't seem to figure out.

I have a vertical board fence and I want continuous coverage along the whole fence and ideally, I would like it to be stepped as opposed to raked.

My issue is that I can't figure out how to get the infill to cover the post if there is any grade.

With 'continuous coverage' checked all the infill and rails ignore the grade, but the posts react to the subsurface when 'Gravity' is clicked.

With 'continuous coverage' un-checked there is a gap in front of each post - which as I'm using metal post doesn't work.

I was thinking that maybe the trick that @Tamsin Slatter  (edit: I think it might have been a Katarina Ollikainen coffee break video) showed with the invisible lines added to the post profile might work, but the 'Vectorworks University' page is still down for me so I can't rewatch the fence video...

Anyone have any thoughts?

Here are a couple screen grabs showing the same fence with 'continuous coverage' checked and not checked.

Front:

image.thumb.png.3b6e90f4d6ef97a853d7b28ace5c43ed.png

Back:

image.thumb.png.963ac15e313f185a46aa43d2909928dc.png

Edited by hollister design Studio