Wall Edit Tool

Jim Saint

Question

4 answers to this question

In an elevation view, double click the wall and you should enter the edit mode and get 6 selection points. Or just the 4 end points if you have the Add 3D Wall Peaks mode enabled.  You have to click on a selection point and drag from there to add an additional wall point. When you click on hover over the selection point the segment where the new point will be added highlights in red.  If you want the segment on the other side of the point you need to move to the "previous" selection point. I believe the new point is alway to the right of the selection point relative to the direction the wall was drawn. Another way of saying this might be that the new point is added after the point in the direction the wall was drawn. The convention in VW is to draw clockwise so the left side of the wall is "exterior" 

Or am I misunderstanding your questions?

For me it only shows 2 handles until you double click on the wall.

If you are not getting more handles when you double click it, then I don't know what the problem is.

I am not trying to be pedantic, but without knowing your skill level, I have found it better to over explain than for you to have to come back with a "how do I do that."

Sorry if I underestimated you.

• Like 1

its all good. I've found the work around. If I right click> Edit it activates all the handles. Dbl clicking wall or selecting tool just gives me the 2. Glitch in the Matrix!!! lol thanks for the feed back. maybe it will clear up after the next update.