Invisible walls

melenam

Question

Hi all, thanks for helping,

I'm a rookie and non pro VW user, anyway, I'm drawing a house and walls seems to be without opacity when changing view to isometric (capture attached with selected walls in orange selection). Also when they become visible (sometimes rotating with flyover tool) the walls are with grey lines. It's not a very important thing, just asking to know if there is a simple way to arrange it.

Thank you!

CapturadePantalla2024-02-06alas13_46_46.png.8a9197f3742d46560525fdc077972275.png

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @melenam,

This is caused by objects far away or origin issues. Please try to follow the article below to make sure you don't have any objects far away from the origin. 

https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/articles.html/articles/troubleshooting/objects-far-away-from-origin-r900/

Following this article will definitely help you resolve most of the problems mentioned above. 

As well please see the video below to learn more about origins:

https://university.vectorworks.net/enrol/index.php?id=728

For more information don't hesitate to contact your local Technical support team through the customers portal. Please see link below:

customers.vectorworks.net

• Like 2

Thanks @Domas, there were some doors far away, but I remove them after importing the DWG file. Anyway, following the steps to delete objects far away from origin I have the same problem. May be a resources problem? I'm with a i9 processor with 64GB RAM and a AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't think this will be related with the computer specs. Your machine should be more than capable of running Vectorworks.

Just to get this sorted and for you to have a closure i think the best way to proceed would be for me to look into the file. If you still see those stripes on your walls as in the screenshot posted above im sure there are still objects affecting your origin location or origin is not set up correctly. If you can - share the file here, but if the file is under an NDA share the file with us  by opening a support request form through your customers portal and attach the file. Please find the link below:

customers.vectorworks.net

Under the support tab you will find a section to open a support request. As well, please paste in the link of this thread so that my colleagues would know i am looking into this. 

As well you should be able to find our priority number to give us a call and one of the representatives could assist you to fix your file.