1 of 2 types of Text in Symbol changes scale when file name changes.

SNOJNKY

Question

We've used text as symbols for years to annotate our wall sections.  Within the last 18-24 months, there are many files where the wall sections are updated and the text in the callout is microscopic.  To fix it, we have to double click to edit the symbol, go into the symbol and double click the text, exit the text, exit the symbol, and it is the correct scale.  We've modified nothing.   There are two pieces of text in each symbol -- the dumb text that indicates "typical wall assembly" then the callout text explaining the parts 'n' pieces of the assembly.  Only the callout text is screwed up.  

This seems to be getting reset to microscopic scale whenever another user opens the file or we change the name of the file to the appropriate date.  

Also, why do I need to keep confirming that I'm not a robot as I type this message?  4 times, now.  

Images show the text scale issue.  When "editing" the symbol, no changes are done -- just double clicking the callout to edit it and then escaping.  Problem fixed. . . .painfully.

We waste a ton of time updating every single text callout on every sheet of wall sections before sending pdf's.  Help, please!  

-Carol 

(Still not a robot)

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.24.31 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.24.50 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.25.00 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 12.25.09 PM.png

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @SNOJNKY,

Thank you for your patience with this. I think the best way to resolve this would be through the technical support team. To give you any answers we would need to see the file or an example of this issue isolated in a new file. I would recommend to contact your local technical support team through your customers portal support tab. 

customers.vectorworks.net

Just a thing you could try is to use a tool called Reset All Plug-ins which you can find under Tools -> Utilities -> Reset All Plug-ins. Just click on this tool and see if that would refresh your text blocks so you would not have to do them one by one. This could potentially fix it for good. 

Thank you.  We regularly reset the plug ins as a fix to random glitches, but I'll pay more attention to resetting them every time someone new opens the file.  

Pushing on deadlines is the best time to have tech issues, so we'll hammer through this then follow up with tech support.