stories and doors.

Can please smw explain how to build this type of a story (picture below) I dont undertand the system of vectorworks stories completely. I made the 3d stories, and they are shown in dialog window, but I dont understand how to bind the walls to them (they are always bindet to the "basis level" and can't be changed). To what level the doors are bindet? To 0? How it can be changed when I have few steps in front of the doors, and it is not similar for different doors, somewhere 1step, somewhere 2. I couldnt find the parameter that control the hight of the door basis to the walls. I worked previosly in Archicad and these things were intuitive, no problems at all, in vectorworks I cant solve this probleme mysel. MB Smw can recommend a video explaining that or show the settings of the stories, walls and windows for this type of rooms?  Many thanks in advance

PS

dimensions are in meters. 

pool.jpg

Which version of Vectorworks are you using?

Door objects cannot be associated i.e. linked to any storey level, such that if the storey level changes, the door changes it's position.  Doors have a 'Z' level in the object info palette.

They are placed at the bottom of the wall they are inserted into.

If you create a symbol of a door, the symbol can be associated to a storey level.  It is a shame the same does not apply to doors.

You have to manually set the level at which the door is inserted if it is not at the base of the wall.  Change the 'Z' value in the object info palette..

The wall, though, can be associated with the storey and moves with it.  If the wall moves, because the storey elevation changes, so does the wall within it.

This sort of makes sense since if the wall moves, you would not want the door to stay where it is, in general.

If you change the storey level associated to the wall, the door object in the wall stays where it is though.