Session Pane and the new Application UI

jkibbe

Question

How do I hide the "Session Pane" on start up and is the new Application Window UI something I can turn off so I can see my desktop instead of the Application Window blocking it? I used to turn off the Application Window and just have my palettes surrounding my working tab. 

Thank you ahead of time, I just can't seem to find anyone asking these questions!

3 answers to this question

On 1/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, jkibbe said:

How do I hide the "Session Pane" on start up and is the new Application Window UI something I can turn off so I can see my desktop instead of the Application Window blocking it?

If you’re referring to the ‘Home Screen’, under Vectorworks Preferences > Session Pane , uncheck the option for ‘Display Home Screen on startup’.

Quote from the Vw2024 Help File:

When launching Vectorworks directly from the application (not opened from a file), displays the Home screen on startup; see The Home screen. The Home screen does not display on startup when Create a new document on startup is selected.

• Like 1