Render Bitmap STILL not working in groups, edit symbol, etc. VW2023 SP7

MGuilfoile

Question

This has been a problem for quite a while. Since the Shaded render still does not help with adjusting lighting for Final Rendering styles (among other things), the Render Bitmap tool is the only quick way to check how, for example, decals look--as long as it is set to a "final rendering" style or setting. This would be an acceptable way to check lighting, mapping, etc if it worked. But it doesn't. At least it doesn't where it is needed most: edit symbols, groups, and any other condition that is not in the main window. Additionally, the uncertainty that it is working or not makes any other use suspect. In short, it is a tool that cannot be trusted and is, therefore, mostly useless. There is no reason this tool does not work EVERYWHERE. It has been broken for years. If it is working for everyone else or it is a "Windows thing," then can someone let me know how I can fix it.

thanks,

MHBrown

Windows 10

VW 2023 SP7

1 answer to this question

I forgot to mention a related problem. If I create an object and group it with the lights used to illuminate it, the lights do not work. I have a hanging banner in a trade show booth and it is much easier to adjust the lights for it when it is isolated as a group. Imagine my frustration when none of the changes I made to the lights worked in the main scene. This is absolutely crazy. Does anyone else see this?

Thanks,

MH Brown