Connector panel devices not auto-updating when editing the source symbols

Working on a very busy/complicated drawing... my stock connector panel lables aren't going to work, so I'm editing the layout(s). 

I already have a number of connector panels in the drawing. If I edit the cp_IN and cp_OUT symbols, the devices in my drawing do not auto-update. However, if I place a new connector panel, they show up as edited. 

Is there a way to force the devices to update to the new symbols, or is there an "auto-update" feature somewhere? 

Edited by livespace josha
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
16 hours ago, livespace josha said:

@Nikolay Zhelyazkov here 'ya go! 

I edited the cp_IN and cp_OUT symbols in the "System Symbols" folder. New CP's take the updated layout, but ones already in the file don't auto update. 

CP update issue.vwx 1.08 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the test file. This is expected. The symbols in the System Symbols folders are like templates. You set them up and they are used from the tools when new objects are created. So this is working as expected.

I do not think that there is any faster way to apply the changes. You can try with the Pick Up and Apply modes of the device tool but usually your CPs will be with different socket names which will cause the Apply to create new sockets in the target devices which is not desired I think.