IFC workflow for landscape architect

Riccardo chuck

Question

I am starting using Vectorworks and I’m a bit stuck with IFC. I’ll try to explain my final goal so maybe someone can suggest me the best workflow. 
I am a landscape architect and I’m working on a terrace where there are few planters I created as extruded object. My goal is very simple, I want attach data to each planters:

1) dimension

2) materials

3) manufacturer

4) junction type

5) pivoting wheels (only some of them)

6)tag 

7) colour 

8) notes

Once I put all the data I expect to be able to have a worksheet that highlights different parameters for each planters. 

what I have managed to do so far is: 1) to attach ifc to every object using a custom pset (ifcfurnituretype). However, I would like to set my own variables because the pset is full of variables I don’t need.

2) to create a custom tag that display the ifc data. 

Now I want to create the worksheet but I cannot find the right column referring to the ifc furniture type pset. I tried to select records, functions or data sheet but still nothing that resemble data I put on planters…

In the first picture you can see the highlighted planters with tag (F_01) and data. In the second picture you can see the ”create report” window with columns option that are not related to planters. 

many thanks in advance 
Screenshot2023-12-28alle00_18_43.thumb.png.f4082d9cc5fe3044933b8a0db4ae85f6.pngScreenshot2023-12-28alle00_12_25.thumb.png.42cd3ac4443c476d172938df0c469663.png

1 answer to this question