Multiple Data Tag Functions

Hi All,

I am working on a project where I need to measure multiple lines drawn on top of an object and combine their distance to one measurement (IE 5x 10' sections of LED tape, adding to a total of 50'). I started using data tags to visualize the length of the individual sections, but am unable to find a way to automatically add all of these sections together. Is it possible for a single data tag to be applied to (& add) multiple objects to get it's final value?

Thank you,

Data tags are intended to return data on the individual tagged object only.

You are going to have a very difficult (read impossible) time trying to get a data tag to report on multiple objects.

The only possible solution I could see would be a data tag that is not associated with the objects but that uses some other critters (maybe class or a record attached to the objects) to get the sum. But in 10 minute of playing I could not get that to work.

1 hour ago, Pat Stanford said:

Data tags are intended to return data on the individual tagged object only.

You are going to have a very difficult (read impossible) time trying to get a data tag to report on multiple objects.

The only possible solution I could see would be a data tag that is not associated with the objects but that uses some other critters (maybe class or a record attached to the objects) to get the sum. But in 10 minute of playing I could not get that to work.

Thanks, Pat. I had a similar result yesterday and today. Alas, we all must do things manually from time to time. Cheers