3D lidar scans alignment issue

I am learning the best way to use the lidar function and the nomad app:

I recently bought an iPhone 15 pro and used the lidar scan feature in the nomad app to produce the 2 scans in the file attached.

The enclosed file has 2 scans performed on the same day.  The 2 scans are adjacent areas and there is an issue with vertical and horizontal alignments.

This forum is the best solution for recommendations and I appreciate any recommendations for best practices.  

VW forum 3D scans bob cleaver.vwx

• 2 weeks later...

I have only scanned a single Point Cloud of a room so far.

AFAIK working with even single point clouds or photogrammetry in VW always meant

- scaling

- rotating

- aligning

- cropping

When I stopped scanning I got a warning that I will no more be able to continue scanning.

Which I didn't want, but I also expected that Nomad that way would do some magic to keep

location of the scans synchronous.

But how could you realistically align PCs or find a special point to align both PC ?

As soon as I zoom in a bit I lose overview.

What do you expect to do with the PC, or better how do you create VW geometry from it,

by creating a DTM from it ?

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Vectorwork’s Tony K has a webinar where he combined 3 separate PCs into one site plan.   
The goal of mine is to create a site plan in 2D and then a 3D model.  
Tony’s webinar is excellent in working through the steps, but his PCs did not have the same distortion I have.

Edited by bob cleaver
Fill in additional info
  • Like 1