3d tools not working properly

katerinalayyyy

Question

Hello, I have problems with 3D tools in our Vectorworks Landmark 2022. 

In general, 3D tools do not work well in files that were created with our template. If the tools are used in a clean file, the tools work in most cases
Push/pull - the tool only works in a clean document, if used in a file where there are already some objects, the tool does not select any side of the object
Taper face tool – the tool works only in a completely clean document. The tool does select sides, but then does not work
Fillet edge tool - the tool works only in a completely clean document. If the tool is used, the program reports edge filleting failed
Chamfer edge tool - same as Fillet edge tool
Shell solid tool - the same as Fillet edge tool - in files with a template the message shell creation failed
Loft surface tool – throws the message could not be created or does nothing at all
We also have some problems displaying/exporting views
Shadows in the model - In the model, it happens that shadows stop working in some views, while they work in other views

I'm new to 3d modeling so I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if there is an issue with vectorworks.

Thanks! 

-Katerina 

1 answer to this question